Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sunday Dinner with Zuchinni Tots

Zuchinni gifts from my sister's garden turn into wonderful food treats.  This time, a recipe from Pinterest that had to be modified due to limited ingredients on hand and will need some tweeking for the future.  But here is how the adventure began:

Using one of my favorite kitchen tools...


Once the veggies are pulsed to perfection, add an egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.  The recipe advised onion and cheese - either cheddar or parmesan.  I had no onion or cheddar and would rather skip using stinky cheese.


The use of a mini-muffin pan was recommended in a 400 degree oven for 15 - 18 minutes for perfect tots.

I also prepared fresh beans in a bit of olive oil with garlic.


Simple grilled pork cutlets bathed in a honey mustard marinade.

Simply chopped tomatoes - I love to use them in place of a sauce or as a simple side with salt and pepper.

 

Here's how my finished plate looked.

Cubed watermelon to finish the meal.


Yes, it was a Sunday dinner for the 3 of us.  We dine on the back deck and talk about the bear sighting in the yard just a few days earlier, the week ahead, returning to the college classroom, and the activities of the weekend.

I decide the tots should be crisper and yes, I missed the onion.  Next time, small scoops will be portioned on a cookie tray with a longer cooking time and maybe a minute of broiling time to ensure a crisper crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment