Tuesday, February 5, 2013

McOptions

How many menu options are on the board at the Golden Arches?  They have added salads and revamped the Happy Meal to include apple slices instead of fries, filet-o-fish, chicken nuggets, but, where is the veggie burger?

The first time I went to McDonald's with my vegetarian friends I was more than curious about what she would eat.  I assumed a salad.  No, she orders a cheeseburger, no meat.  So, a pseudo cheese sandwich.  Dear McDonald's, Can't you do better?  Sincerely, Supportive Friend who also enjoys a good alternative now and then.

I know, I know, when I go to McDonald's I am mostly about the Big Mac and I have confessed I am quite aware of what I am getting myself into but if apple slices can replace fries (the most holy of fast food holy foods) than certainly some kind of veggie can be whipped into a suitable patty.  Right?

To further stretch her culinary creativity, my friend pulled the roll apart and placed some fries on her cheeseburger no meat.   Fabulous!


We ate together in the conference room in our department and though we had already more than indulged ourselves in our daily caloric intake, maybe a sweet treat is needed. 



COOKIES!  The perfect individual baked good.  Chocolate chip, oatmeal or white chocolate chip.  I am a sucker for the classics so the chocolate chip was my choice.  It was the right blend between chewy and firm, sweet without being nauseating.  Tomorrow, peanut butter and jelly with a small carton of whole milk.  No joke.  A bit of creativity, fun and food whimsy with limits and I am Fed Well.















No comments:

Post a Comment