Friday, April 12, 2013

Just Grillin'

This past winter we stored the grill in our garage instead of just covered on the back deck.  The result, yes, I believe we have extended the life expectancy of the grill, but oh how I missed grilled foods.  On the first sunny and warm Sunday of the warmer season (sometimes we slide directly from winter to summer, but it does seem to be spring), I grilled.  And grilled.

For lunch, classic burgers with toasted buns.  Fresh spinach and tomato topped mine.  I like raw onion, pickles, lettuce but please, no cheese.



Dinner.  Grilled chicken of course!  Served with left-over garlic string beans, sauteed summer squash which I could have grilled if I thought about it, mashed potatoes and guacamole in place of a sauce or dip.  Fresh avocado mashed with some newly ripe diced tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and a pinch of salt.  



The patio furniture is in place.  The grill has been broken in for the season.  The Christmas snowman has been removed from the porch.  Time for being Fed Well and grillin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment