Sunday, May 5, 2013

In Defense of Potato salad - MY Potato Salad

A red Sunday I suppose.  Red meat, red potatoes for the salad, tomatoes with mozzarella and fresh basil followed by the rosiest watermelon.

Funny part is, none of it was planned.  Well, I had every intention of making the tomato salad but the rest just fell into place.

A few weeks ago the Mr. told me he does not like my potato salad and needless to say that was not easy to hear.  He prefers the store bought, deli, pre-packaged, mass produced, glop in a plastic tub.  Can you tell I'm not over it?

It is especially difficult for me because I can't stand the version he likes and my ego took quite a blow to hear he doesn't like something I prepare.  Luckily it doesn't happen often or if it does, he grins and bears it.


A few large sliced mushrooms were also grilled for this happy end of the weekend meal.


I actually defended my potato salad when the Mr. told me he didn't like it.  I reminded him of the time my nephew told me it was the best potato salad he ever had in his life.  My bruised ego will heal.  The hard part will be forgetting about it every time I crave potato salad.  By the way, I did buy him the kind he prefers and he was the only one who ate it and I know in just a few more days I will be throwing away the uneaten portion.  

What's so special about my version?  It's just boiled red potatoes, some diced green bell pepper, diced celery, finely chopped onion, mayo, salt, and pepper.

Truth is, we all know being Fed Well is not just about the food.  Spending our Sunday and every other night's dinner together proves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment