Monday, September 16, 2013

Scenes from the Pine Bush Farmers Market 2013

The 2013 Market opened and I sincerely thought I would visit, take some photos and create a blog. Never happened. The season will end in a month or so and I am still going to the Pine Bush Farmers Market with cash, a cloth shopping bag and the camera from my phone.  I wondered what I would tell you about the market... well, instead, this blog entry will simply be photos. More information can be found on their Facebook page.

I never took pictures of the people - the entertainers, the vendors, the crafters or the farmers. You'll have to go and meet them for yourself. Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. just behind the Cultural Center on Main Street in the municipal parking lot. See you there!

Baked Goods













Flowers




Fruits
























Vegetables







































Garlic

Tomatoes - no one can argue I put them in the wrong category.






Some examples of how I put it together at home:


The above platter had help from Winterton Farms for a few veggies and Heaven on Earth Natural Foods in Pine Bush for the Hummus.








The Pine Bush Farmers Market will surely have something for every appetite and craving. Is it the freshness of the food, the flavors, the atmosphere or satisfaction at a higher level that leaves me feeling Fed Well after my visits?  I'm not sure, but I know I have to return each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment