Sunday, January 19, 2014

Jade Bistro Suffern - We Return

It's been a little while since we (my co-workers and I) have been to Jade Bistro in Suffern and not only did we notice, but the staff that happily greeted us had noticed as well.  I love the feeling of being a regular someplace and having my absence noticed and the sense that I have been missed.  So, we really mixed things up by ordering completely different things.

One coworker wanted ultra traditional Chinese lunch and started with an eggroll.  How about the fancy plating?  I asked what the white squigglys tasted like and the response, "styrofoam."  I didn't try it for myself, but I did appreciate the attempt to make it interesting.


Her next course was chicken, but unfortunately I am not 100% sure if it was General Tao's or Sesame and I not only don't trust my memory.  Here's the important detail; she was quite happy.


One of the group loves the Pad Thai though she prefers hers without peanuts.  The fresh lime is not only enjoyed, but in the past, I have actually seen her clap when it arrives.


Me?  Well, I almost have the shrimp with rice noodles.  The server knows me well and brings me a spoon because I like to twirl the pasta against the spoon bowl in the Italian pasta fashion.  I am also usually brought extra napkins because...I need it.  

So, today I sort of switch it up by ordering the House Noodle Soup with rice noodles. Packed with Won Ton, chicken, pork, bok choy, shrimp and rice noodles, I am in soup heaven. The broth is so delicate, I almost wish it had a bit more flavor, but really, it was fabulous. The chunks of meat were huge and while I understand the chop stick user would be appreciative of their great size, I struggle and end up giving up trying to break them down.


Last, but not least, my vegetarian coworker selected the vegetable sushi rolls.  They made a far better presentation than the photo allows and we all "ooohed" and "aaahhed" appropriately when they were placed in front of her.  Best part, not only did they look amazing, she said they tasted just as good as they looked.


We were checked on throughout the meal.  Tea was refilled before the cup was half full and we were treated well and like old friends.  
Work talk is minimal when we are off site.  Better to chat about celebrity nonsense, movies, television and 3 day weekend plans. Ah, Fridays.  We know that when we get back to work we have less than an hour until we are dismissed for the holiday.

So, if you have a craving for Chinese food or sushi or a Bento Box and are anywhere near Suffern, Jade Bistro will leaving feeling happy, satisfied and Fed Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment