Sunday, March 16, 2014

Wildfire Grill in Montgomery, NY during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week Spring 2014

Every year I make sure I participate in Hudson Valley Restaurant Week and this spring is no exception.  I narrowed Sunday lunch choices down to either Torches on the Hudson River in Newburgh or Wildfire Grill in Montgomery and put it up for a vote on Facebook.  Off to Wildfire...



Though the sun was bright and the sky brilliantly blue; the air screamed, "It is still winter and don't you forget it."

I loved the corks in the window of the dining room that was being used for a private surprise 60th birthday party.


We are seated in one of the high tables by the windows and by the time we left, the only seats available were at the bar.   



The decor may be described as eclectic.  A few seemingly African inspired statuettes, wine bottles and pewtery stars with multi-colored jewels and lights.  We are presented with both regular and Restaurant Week menus.  After I ask about the Bacon Bourbon Swizzle written on the blackboard behind the bar I am given a cocktail book.







Presenting, the Bacon Bourbon Swizzle - complete with local Tuthilltown Basement Bitters.  It was absolutely perfect and I watched the bartender as she squeezed fresh orange juice into the glass.  I have to say, that put it over the top for me.



To start, a smooth and creamy Lobster Bisque accompanied by a basket of warm and sliced baguette with a wedge of butter.



Lunch is served.  A short rib sandwich with horseradish and onions on a Ciabatta roll.  The crispy fries are dusted with salt, fresh and hot.


A chicken wrap also accompanied by the fabulous fries.


Who ordered what?  Can you guess?  Yes, the Mr. had the chicken, of course.  I stole a forkful just to taste.It was well seasoned, yet could have had a bit more dressing.

A short list of errands to follow lunch and so I ask for my chocolate torte be packed to go.  Off to buy a frame for a photo of a newt I took last year in the garden, and the week's groceries.  



With one meal barely behind us, I am planning our Sunday dinner with our man-cubs and our older son's girlfriend and we end the night watching Disney's, "Jungle Book." What could be better?  A Sunday of being Fed Well.


Wildfire Grill on Urbanspoon







No comments:

Post a Comment