Sunday, November 9, 2014

Lunch at Wildfire Grill - Hudson Valley Restaurant Week Fall 2014

A beautiful fall Saturday is reason enough to go our for lunch, but being my sister's Birthday Eve, we had double cause for celebration.  We haven't had a "sister date" in quite some time and so we headed out to the Wildfire Grill in Montgomery.  We've both been here before and looked forward to our return.

While we peruse the Hudson Valley Restaurant Week menus, I also notice the cocktail specials on the blackboard behind the bar.  My sister and I decide on the Pumpkin Bellinis.  Seasonal and sparkly.



After just a few minutes we have made our decisions and yes, we ordered the same exact starters and main course with our only difference at dessert.

We start with the Lobster Bisque which included a lump crab meat patty...

The broth was delicate and while creamy, it was not overly thick in consistency.  The crab meat was sweet and along with the warm slices of herbed bread, served as a nice texture contrast while eating the soup.

We noticed a bridal shower taking place in one of  the dining rooms and hungrily watched as the guest plates were brought past our table.  Everything looked and smelled delicious.  I also hadn't thought of the Wildfire Grill before for private parties.  Great idea!

Our lunch arrives - the BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas with french fries!

I am a french fry junkie and know that I will not be able to finish my entire lunch (have to save room for dessert), but I will find a way to make sure I eat every last fry!  The pork is soft and sweetly sauced and we are happy ladies.

We talk of the upcoming holidays, holiday menus (we may try our own version of Pumpkin Bellinis), holiday shopping and seeing each other the next day for my sister's birthday celebration at our mother's house.  The restaurant is filled to capacity.

Our desserts arrive...

For my sister the pumpkin cheesecake


A perfectly sized portion placed over a swirl of maple syrup.

For me, the sweet potato waffle with ice cream also plated over maple syrup:


It was a joyous occasion to spend some time with my sister and enjoy a lovely lunch.  So decadent.

We were Fed Well by the delicious food and time alone to enjoy each other's company.

Wildfire Grill on Urbanspoon







1 comment: