Friday, December 26, 2014

Return to Airmont Diner for Eggplant

Among the short list of restaurants and diners I frequent for lunch near my daytime job is the Airmont Diner.  The most awesome aspect about going to a diner is the extensive offerings one can have at any time of the day.  How spoiled are we?  Not only can we have a hamburger for breakfast or pancakes for lunch, we can also customize orders.  Instead of hash browns, how about french fries with gravy and cheese? Well, I was never a huge fan of disco fries, but I can't think of a time I said no to a regular old french fry.

Every once in a while I have cravings for good and bad foods.  I wish the salad could really control the damage of the yummy fried deliciousness.  Those who dabble in nutrition/innovation - could you please start some work on this possibility?

And so, the fried eggplant over a fresh spinach base with mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and yes, a side order of french fries. That's what I wanted and I have to say, I was food happy!



For my friend, an eggplant sandwich which included a side order of fries.  Again, happy on a plate.



Another fascinating and entertaining aspect of eating in a diner is the free people-watching, eavesdropping, ability to make up a story to go with the way folks seem, entertainment.  The writer side of me is constantly creating stories to go along with the folks both working and eating at a diner.  Love it,

We were away from our desks, chatting and at ease, Fed Well and content at the Airmont Diner.

No comments:

Post a Comment