Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Breakfast in Bed - Atlantic City, NJ

Just the idea of breakfast in bed sounds ridiculously indulgent and decadent to me. The idea of it has always sound to me like the ultimate in feeling positively spoiled and waited on.  Since this was another perk of our room in Atlantic City, we couldn't help but participate.


Sunset in Atlantic City

We looked at the menu the night before and I called to leave a message on the room service voice mail with our order and delivery time.  However, I had no idea that I had transposed the last two digits of our room number...

When what I thought was the scheduled arrival time of our meal came and passed, I became well, annoyed.  After 15 minutes or so I called to check on the status of our breakfast and was told of my mistake.  I could feel the heated blush of embarrassment creep up my face as I was told, "We called the room number you gave us and were told you did not order breakfast." 

Well, that's because I gave the wrong room number and now I've disrupted someone's vacation AND I still don't have breakfast. Ugh.

The person I was speaking with was forgiving and understanding and my mistake was quickly corrected.  

Our breakfast arrived:

Something about those silly metal cloches - makes me feel important or royal or well, like a pampered guest.


Pancakes for the Mr.


Eggs Benedict for me

Berries and Cream - um, yes please!


In this case, it was about the overall experience more than the food. However, we were pleasantly surprised that the meal did in fact taste great as well.  It arrived hot and we enjoyed eating at a leisurely pace, without crowds, before heading out.  Fed Well, we then enjoyed the remainder of our day in Atlantic City.



No comments:

Post a Comment