Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sunday Morning Pancakes - Blueberries Optional

Though the saying is something like, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach," I believe having someone who cares about you prepare you food is a fabulous way to express your feelings.

I would love to say this culinary adventure was all about me, it wasn't.  However, it did morph just enough to include me.

A father, sort of steered in the direction of cooking pancakes for his 24 year old son, "like the old days" stood in the kitchen and prepared breakfast.  He successfully flipped a platter of plain and then specially prepared a pair of blueberry, for me.




In the meantime, our son warmed the syrup and although I used to place the jug in a simmering pot of water, tossing it in the microwave for a few seconds does in fact get the job done.


The glory days of fatherhood are behind him and the journey is leaning more and more each day toward an empty nest.  We were recently derailed entirely from our adventure and are now trying to figure it all out once more.  In the meantime I truly enjoyed the memories and continue to look to the future to see if we will indeed be together and Fed Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment