Monday, October 15, 2012

Special Order Cupcakes

Celebrate life.
Celebrate the good times.
Congratulate people on their accomplishments.

Seems simple enough.  Sometimes we are caught in the trap of our own life, our own problems, our own struggles and think we don't have the time or the energy or the money or whatever to give a wink and a nod to someone else.

A woman I met at work and has elevated from "coworker" to friend has bought her own home.

Isn't that amazing?

She happens to love cupcakes and hugs.  Some who know me really well know I struggle with hugs, but I thought I could surely give cupcakes.  After calling two closed bakeries and one that was charging almost $4 per gourmet cupcake I ended up calling my local grocery store bakery department.

It took a little negotiating and understanding to explain what I was looking for and finally we agreed on, "18 cupcakes - mix the flavors and frostings and please make them look pretty for a party."

These are what I picked up:


Mission accomplished I'd say.

They were delicious and my friend was surprised!


She is currently taking the week off to make her home clean, freshly painted and move in.  
Congratulations to everyone who has something to celebrate.
Thank you to the people who ensure they are recognized and Fed Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment