Sunday, December 30, 2012

Healthy Snack for the New Year

Here's a tough schedule:  3 consecutive days of holiday eating, one day of rest and then, the annual physical.

On the day of rest from holiday eating, I ate holiday left-overs but, I did manage to pull the treadmill into an operating position and trudge through two LOOOOOONNNNNG miles for a walk.

It felt ok.

At the physical, yes, the first stop is the scale.  I always offer to remove my shoes as if they will easily erase all evidence of my non-stop food fest since Thanksgiving.  Wrong.  The nurse actually laughed and said, "We just mark the chart that you weighed in fully dressed and allow for 2 pounds."

Two?  Only two?

Clearly my boots are two pounds on their own and everyone knows how HEAVY jeans are - right?

Fine.

The day after the physical I face off with the treadmill again and log another two miles.  It is a bit easier and I throw in some inclines and faster speeds.  Problem is - I am starving afterward.

Healthy snack in preparation for the new year?  One slice of double protein bread topped with about a teaspoon of peanut butter and 1/2 sliced banana.


I believe I have managed to stay away from sweets for a full 24 hours.  No chocolate.  It seems a bit sad, but I will be back when I can be in control.  It is time to claim a healthier combination of activity and healthier eating in combination to keep me feeling Fed Well.













No comments:

Post a Comment