Friday, January 25, 2013

Frozen Prepared Stuffed Scallops

Quick meals... what are the choices?  Every once in awhile I go out on a limb and try something new.  Though this was our second tasting of frozen prepared stuffed scallops, they have been voted to stay in the rotation by the family, but only as a cameo menu feature rather than a regular.



I served ours with shell shaped pasta and though no one else appreciated my culinary stab at irony, I was amused.

How do you feel about using prepared foods?  What are the limits?  I prefer frozen foods like vegetables and seafood over things like canned vegetables, but I really do feel fresh is the goal.

It was the first dinner we've had in awhile with my younger son since he works in retail while attending college and though the conversation was a bit more concentrated around cars (repair work, refurbishing, powder coating, etc.) and one of the coldest nights of the year, we all certainly ended the meal feeling Fed Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment