Saturday, January 5, 2013

Creamy Garlic Chicken Viewed 2 Ways

Cooking, food, family, blogging, photography...love when it all comes together. I received a book for Christmas about food photography for bloggers and I continue to try to implement new techniques.  Placement, angles, composition - learning and experimenting. 


Dinner was:

1 lb. roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast
3/4 lb. thin spaghetti
Creamy garlic sauce

Once the chicken breast was roasted, I removed them from my "Magic Pot" a red dutch oven and set aside.  The remaining stock was mixed with a generous pat of butter, some champagne, a bit more chicken broth which was thickened with cornstarch, fresh garlic and parsley.  

Here's a secret - when using a pot from oven on the stove, place and keep pot holders on your hands at all times.  Yes, I forgot the entire pot was HOT and grabbed the handle with my left hand.  Ugh.

Once the sauce was thickened and my hand coated and dripping with aloe vera gel, the sauce was poured over the pasta and a reserve in the gravy boat.  The chicken was carved and 3 out of 4 of us were Fed Well.

 Which shot of the dish do you prefer?


What's in the water goblet?  I sometimes break the rules and pour a generous splash of Moscatto in my glass.





























No comments:

Post a Comment