Thursday, June 3, 2021

Cooking with Hot Sauce - thoughts and recipe ideas

 


I have a confession to make. I am not a hot sauce person. It's awful, I know. So many people love spicy food but I am not one of them. Never was.

For me, it starts as a warmth, that quickly accelerates, spreads and blows out all taste sensation, replacing it with the hot sensation that is 100% distracting from the flavor. And, more simply, I just don't enjoy it. But I know I am in the minority. 

Plus, once in awhile, I still try things because well, you never know - I might like this level of heat, this time.

I also know Buffalo anything is wildly popular at get togethers and since we are starting to socialize again this dip may be a hit at your next party:

CREAMY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP 

Ingredients

  • 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken 
  • 1 – 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
  • ½ cup of ranch style dressing 
  • ½ cup of hot sauce 

Directions

  1. Heat the oven to 350°F. 
  2. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl then transfer to a shallow baking dish. 
  3. Bake for 20 minutes, stir to make sure the dip is hot all the way through. 
  4. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or vegetables. 

Recently, one of my nephews thought this was a dish I had already made and requested it but it was actually part of a pot luck style gathering at my house. Now, I am prepared to make it at a future party! 

In fact, he is graduating high school this year - quite a milestone. The graduation ceremony will likely be much smaller with only his parents and perhaps brother in attendance, it doesn't mean we won't celebrate it with the same enthusiasm after he receives his diploma. I can't wait. And, I can't believe he is old enough to graduate high school. He can age while I am on pause since I remember quite vividly when he was born! We have spent his 18 years together at many celebrations and life events and have been Fed Well.

CG - I wish you all the best on your future chapters!

No comments:

Post a Comment