Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Return to White Wolf

The last of the holiday restaurant gift certificates have now been used.  These are among my favorite gifts to receive; they stretch out the holiday season, as well as allow me to eat out on cold winter nights when I am feeling a bit lazy about cooking or blue about the weather.

We set out on a particularly blustery evening and I can feel the little bit of skin I have exposed on my face, almost sting, as I walk the short distance from the car to the dining room.  I am then greeted with a rush or warmth as we select our table.  Ah, I feel better already.

To begin...any guesses?


I typically do not express a vodka preference when I order a Cosmopolitan.  However, I am going to in the future if asked.  I think I have tasted enough to know the difference between a future headache and a pleasant cocktail.

We peruse the menu for a few minutes, but we are fairly easy and predictably pleased on this frigid weeknight.  I knew well in advance that I simply wanted a burger and fries.


This particular version was smothered in grilled onions and mushrooms, served with a nice pile of crispy fries.  My craving for meat and potatoes, albeit fast food version, was satisfied.

Open Steak Sandwich

Topped with mushrooms and onions, our younger son had a steak sandwich and fries.  Standard fare, traditionally prepared and served.

Chicken for the Mr.

Seeing pasta like this just makes me a little sad.  I don't know why I always want to see the pasta completely coated in the sauce when served, but I truly do.  The Mr. was satisfied with the portion size and the chicken itself.

The owner walks among the people in his dining room and I do love that personal touch.  Across the room I see a young boy in a New York Knicks jersey.  #17.  Do you know who wears that number? Cleanthony Early - who is a Pine Bush High School graduate.  Always exciting to see local folks succeed.

We head back out into the frozen air.  We are a Fed Well family and stop off at the local grocery store before the next snow storm arrives.  We need bread and milk like everyone else.


The White Wolf on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment