Monday, February 22, 2021

Tik Tok Hacks for the Kitchen

 


Tik Tok. I thought this app was just a world of young 20 somethings dancing their hearts out to music I have never heard.

Nope.

Like all social media platforms before it, Tik Tok is now being overrun with people of all ages and interests (but yes, I do see a lot of dance videos - not that they are bad).

And, the best part?  I am learning Tik Tok hacks, whether they are shortcuts or tricks both passed down through generations or just created by someone with a bit of visualization and ingenuity.

My first? The salami rose in the photo. Perfect for charcuterie boards! You line the salami inside the top of a wine glass or champagne flute, then turn it over to release the rose, and look at that! A pretty way to present salami.

Next up - cookie sheets. Do you have a bit of yuck on the edges of your cookie sheets or underneath that never seems to clean? The answer? Put them in your oven, turn the self-clean feature on and that's it. When you return - sparkling clean cookie sheets.

Another way to peel hard boiled eggs. Place an egg in a glass. Allow the egg to shake back and forth in the glass for a few seconds. Remove egg and when you start to remove the peel, it should come off in a big chunk.

There are a bazillion more but these are the ones I was most excited to share with you right away! This app is perfectly okay for those of us who just want to watch a few videos, a bit of light escape, and then resume our regularly scheduled life. I was/am a bit addicted as a new viewer but for now, I am finding lots of tips for feeling and being Fed Well! Special thanks to Karla for encouraging me to jump into the deep end of the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment