Thursday, February 18, 2021

Chaffles, Kale Chips, & Keto Friendly Snack Recipes

 


Want to know a secret? I am not on a keto diet but I do enjoy a wide variety of foods and snacks so I will often check out styles of eating and see if I find some new recipes. Guess what? Keto friendly does not mean you have to eat a pound of bacon. It's about low carb, low sugar (carb) and I have to say, I love kale chips. I've already written about that in my Cooking with Kids post. (Try swapping out thinly sliced zucchini for the kale).

In my blog post for Zulily (click here), I list 6 easy recipes. The first is for Chaffles.  

CHAFFLES 

Simply combine the words “cheese” and “waffle”  that is the definition of a chaffle. Try this basic 2 or 3ingredient recipe to begin, or customize it with your own addins (bacon? chives? walnuts or pecans?)

INGREDIENTS: 
  • 1 large egg 
  • 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar are most popular) 
  • 1 teaspoon of coconut or almond flour, if desired 
DIRECTIONS: 
  1. Combine ingredients in a bowl. 
  2. Pour mixture into a greased and warmed waffle maker. 
  3. Cook approximately 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. 
  4. Allow to cool before eating. 

And, like all great food ideas, you can build on this idea and create a snack that suits your mood. A dessert version is also available in the link above.

The latest trend I have seen on Tik Tok is to place a layer of cheese in a waffle maker, cook, open the waffle maker and add sliced pickles, then another layer of cheese and cook some more. Hand held, crispy, salty, sour, savory - however you want it and FAST! That's the thing about snacks right? You need it - right now!

That is why these things:


are still around and making money!

What are some of your snack recipes? What keeps you going and feeling Fed Well between meals?


No comments:

Post a Comment